One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A plant-cultivation technique in which the roots hang suspended in the air while nutrient solution is delivered to them in the form of a fine mist.
- ‘Plant have been grown for 7 d either in hydroponics or in aeroponics.’
- ‘In roots grown under 'real' conditions, extrapolation from the measurements on roots grown in aeroponics and from other results indicated that this is not usually the case.’
- ‘Roots were from plants grown in aeroponics for 31-40 d.’
- ‘Plants were cultivated for 8 d either in hydroponics or in aeroponics.’
- ‘For the plants grown in aeroponics, length of root systems and shoots was 390-720 mm and 340-440 mm, respectively (7th - 8th leaf emergence).’
- ‘In the exodermis of sunflower, aliphatic suberin is more abundant (by a factor of 2-3) compared to maize roots grown in aeroponics.’
- ‘To obtain roots with an exodermis, seedlings were grown in a mist culture (aeroponics) using the same nutrient solution.’
1950s: blend of aero- and hydroponics.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.