One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The swallowing of air, whether deliberately to stimulate belching, accidentally, or as an involuntary habit.
- ‘Windsucking is another form of aerophagia in horses.’
- ‘The risk of gastric distension or aerophagia should also be minimized by the careful positioning of the infant.’
- ‘Excessive crying or increased gas production from colon function can result in intraluminal gas formation and aerophagia.’
- ‘Predominant bloating may indicate aerophagia or the irritable bowel syndrome.’
- ‘Evidence that application of pressure prevents gastric distension needs to be established, together with methods for early detection of aerophagia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.