One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The swallowing of air, whether deliberately to stimulate belching, accidentally, or as an involuntary habit.
- ‘Windsucking is another form of aerophagia in horses.’
- ‘Evidence that application of pressure prevents gastric distension needs to be established, together with methods for early detection of aerophagia.’
- ‘The risk of gastric distension or aerophagia should also be minimized by the careful positioning of the infant.’
- ‘Excessive crying or increased gas production from colon function can result in intraluminal gas formation and aerophagia.’
- ‘Predominant bloating may indicate aerophagia or the irritable bowel syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.