The science of the upper atmosphere, especially those regions where there is significant ionization of gases.
- ‘CAVEs use specially designed software for viewing aeronomy models and animations’
- ‘Research includes aeronomy and astrophysics, and ocean and climate systems.’
- ‘The National Science Foundation's directorate for geosciences solicits proposals for its aeronomy program.’
- ‘The key to understanding the aeronomy of Titan's upper atmosphere is a cross-discipline approach.’
- ‘Investigations on geomagnetism and aeronomy are carried out by the Aeronomy Department.’