Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The science of the upper atmosphere, especially those regions where there is significant ionization of gases.
- ‘Research includes aeronomy and astrophysics, and ocean and climate systems.’
- ‘Investigations on geomagnetism and aeronomy are carried out by the Aeronomy Department.’
- ‘The key to understanding the aeronomy of Titan's upper atmosphere is a cross-discipline approach.’
- ‘The National Science Foundation's directorate for geosciences solicits proposals for its aeronomy program.’
- ‘CAVEs use specially designed software for viewing aeronomy models and animations’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.