Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A branch of medicine concerned with the health consequences of air or space travel.
- ‘Residents have the opportunity to rotate through all major subspecialty areas including trauma, EMS, and aeromedicine.’
- ‘Together with medical experts and aeromedicine consultants, he provides a practical plan for road warriors and leisure travelers alike.’
- ‘He was a professor in space and aeromedicine at the University of Frankfurt.’
- ‘Her extensive background in aeromedicine will help us to establish the company as a leading edge provider.’
- ‘This will lead to a further decline in military requirements for aeromedicine with concomitant budget cuts for the support aeromedical installings.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.