Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the measurement of the earth's magnetic field using airborne instruments.
- ‘The aeromagnetic and seismic data suggest that the fault penetrates well into the middle crust.’
- ‘These data in conjunction with an interpretation of the aeromagnetic anomaly map allow subdivision of the complex.’
- ‘Unpublished aeromagnetic data suggest a minimum of 40-60 km of offset along the Fault System.’
- ‘The magnetic anomaly grid is based on aeromagnetic data compiled by Verhoef et al..’
- ‘The aeromagnetic data suggest that the lineament corresponds to a tectonic break.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.