A solid material of extremely low density, produced by removing the liquid component from a conventional gel.Also called frozen smoke
- ‘South, east, and west walls are polycarbonate panels filled with aerogel insulation.’
- ‘A tennis racket-shaped canister packed with a material called aerogel will capture the particles during the flyby.’
- ‘To be useful, aerogels must remain firm in different environments - a hurdle that most such materials have not cleared.’
- ‘I knew aerogel could trap small moving objects, but I had no idea it was such a good insulator.’
- ‘An aerogel is a porous network of silica strands with diameters of a few nanometres.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.