One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A structure with curved surfaces designed to give the most favorable ratio of lift to drag in flight, used as the basic form of the wings, fins, and horizontal stabilizer of most aircraft; an airfoil.
- ‘Leonardo later realized the inadequacy of the power a man could generate and turned his attention to aerofoils.’
- ‘This is an admirable compendium of the mathematical theories of the aerodynamics of aerofoils and wings.’
- ‘The crimping does not show in the aerofoil - at all.’
- ‘As you move forward, the wing inflates into an aerofoil section above your head.’
- ‘It features three large aerofoil shaped stainless steel pillars rising to a height of 3m.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.