Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material (often unwanted) when a user is online.
- ‘Experts estimate that tens of thousands of spyware and adware programs circulate on the Internet.’
- ‘Finally, many problems can be caused by the presence of spyware and adware.’
- ‘An average number of 93 spyware / adware programs were found on respondents' machines.’
- ‘This can prevent adware or other malicious software from automatically downloading on your computer.’
- ‘Marketers are deluding themselves if they think that adware is an effective means of reaching their target audience.’
- ‘Even some anti-spyware programs install adware and the website earns money from the ads that are clicked on.’
- ‘Pirated software is always distributed along with adware and spyware.’
- ‘For example, some programs dependent on adware or spyware will simply stop working.’
- ‘These programs can be used to detect and remove spyware and adware that is already present in your computer.’
- ‘If neither case is true, there's a real chance the software is financed by adware.’
- ‘Unfortunately, when it comes to spyware / adware, there are two separate issues that often get confused.’
- ‘With adware, which collects data on your buying habits, there's a fine line between what's legal and what's not.’
- ‘Given the risks associated with spyware and adware, it is important to have a strategy to keep your network safe.’
- ‘There are two distinct kinds of malicious software, one is the adware and the other one is the Spyware.’
- ‘He told me about adware and other unwelcomed software that can be downloaded to your computer without your knowledge.’
- ‘Some adware actually comes bundled with commercial software programs.’
- ‘The same scans picked up 2.3 million adware programs.’
- ‘To be fair, some adware programs are benign, merely showing you ads within the body of the free programs.’
- ‘Monitoring of your online activities should be available to yourself also, not just adware and spybot programs.’
- ‘Spyware generally propagates through internet usage, and through the downloading of adware or freeware.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.