One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is being advised by someone.
- ‘He still couldn't tell her how he felt because she was still one of his undergraduate advisees.’
- ‘Advisers serve advisees as advocates, guides, and group leaders.’
- ‘The chairperson, then, is both a manager and a faculty colleague, an advisor and an advisee.’
- ‘The number of graduate advisees he carried in recent years averaged around 20.’
- ‘Dan, one of my advisees, caught up with me as I was going to my office in the University Education Center.’
- ‘Beginning next year, letters will also be sent to a randomly selected group of a candidate's current and past advisees.’
- ‘We ought to feel an obligation to deliver on the implied promise we made to our graduate advisees.’
- ‘‘The dialogue is so important between the adviser and the advisee,’ says Moore.’
- ‘One research advisee of a colleague had found significance, and the colleague spent part of his summer writing the study for publication.’
- ‘Graduate faculty have many obligations and often have more than one advisee, so you have to really work your end of the relationship.’
- ‘a) What is the precise relationship between advisor and advisee?’
- ‘Statements like these indicate that most advisors are meeting the expectations of student advisees.’
- ‘A third category of comments are critical of the advisor, but possibly are ramifications of advisees being unprepared.’
- ‘He is active in student advisement with 75-100 advisees.’
- ‘The pecking order of policy advisers depends on the power of their advisees.’
- ‘Not long ago I bumped into one of my student advisees.’
- ‘He brings a wealth of knowledge to bear in conversations with his advisees.’
- ‘We may not appreciate how long former students / advisees remember us.’
- ‘Some departments use a centralized advising system; others disperse the advisees among the department's faculty members.’
- ‘Unfortunately, few professors tell their advisees how to both finish their dissertation and obtain a full-time academic position at the same time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.