One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is being advised by someone.
- ‘Graduate faculty have many obligations and often have more than one advisee, so you have to really work your end of the relationship.’
- ‘He still couldn't tell her how he felt because she was still one of his undergraduate advisees.’
- ‘We may not appreciate how long former students / advisees remember us.’
- ‘Statements like these indicate that most advisors are meeting the expectations of student advisees.’
- ‘Beginning next year, letters will also be sent to a randomly selected group of a candidate's current and past advisees.’
- ‘The chairperson, then, is both a manager and a faculty colleague, an advisor and an advisee.’
- ‘A third category of comments are critical of the advisor, but possibly are ramifications of advisees being unprepared.’
- ‘Unfortunately, few professors tell their advisees how to both finish their dissertation and obtain a full-time academic position at the same time.’
- ‘The pecking order of policy advisers depends on the power of their advisees.’
- ‘The number of graduate advisees he carried in recent years averaged around 20.’
- ‘He brings a wealth of knowledge to bear in conversations with his advisees.’
- ‘One research advisee of a colleague had found significance, and the colleague spent part of his summer writing the study for publication.’
- ‘Advisers serve advisees as advocates, guides, and group leaders.’
- ‘Dan, one of my advisees, caught up with me as I was going to my office in the University Education Center.’
- ‘He is active in student advisement with 75-100 advisees.’
- ‘‘The dialogue is so important between the adviser and the advisee,’ says Moore.’
- ‘Some departments use a centralized advising system; others disperse the advisees among the department's faculty members.’
- ‘Not long ago I bumped into one of my student advisees.’
- ‘a) What is the precise relationship between advisor and advisee?’
- ‘We ought to feel an obligation to deliver on the implied promise we made to our graduate advisees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.