One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is being advised by someone.
- ‘‘The dialogue is so important between the adviser and the advisee,’ says Moore.’
- ‘Dan, one of my advisees, caught up with me as I was going to my office in the University Education Center.’
- ‘Beginning next year, letters will also be sent to a randomly selected group of a candidate's current and past advisees.’
- ‘The number of graduate advisees he carried in recent years averaged around 20.’
- ‘Not long ago I bumped into one of my student advisees.’
- ‘He is active in student advisement with 75-100 advisees.’
- ‘Some departments use a centralized advising system; others disperse the advisees among the department's faculty members.’
- ‘Advisers serve advisees as advocates, guides, and group leaders.’
- ‘The pecking order of policy advisers depends on the power of their advisees.’
- ‘He brings a wealth of knowledge to bear in conversations with his advisees.’
- ‘Statements like these indicate that most advisors are meeting the expectations of student advisees.’
- ‘We ought to feel an obligation to deliver on the implied promise we made to our graduate advisees.’
- ‘Graduate faculty have many obligations and often have more than one advisee, so you have to really work your end of the relationship.’
- ‘a) What is the precise relationship between advisor and advisee?’
- ‘We may not appreciate how long former students / advisees remember us.’
- ‘Unfortunately, few professors tell their advisees how to both finish their dissertation and obtain a full-time academic position at the same time.’
- ‘A third category of comments are critical of the advisor, but possibly are ramifications of advisees being unprepared.’
- ‘One research advisee of a colleague had found significance, and the colleague spent part of his summer writing the study for publication.’
- ‘The chairperson, then, is both a manager and a faculty colleague, an advisor and an advisee.’
- ‘He still couldn't tell her how he felt because she was still one of his undergraduate advisees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.