One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behaving as someone, especially the speaker, would recommend; sensible; wise.‘the department would be advised to do some research’
wise, prudent, sensibleView synonyms
- ‘The patient would be advised not to use the drug unless no suitable alternative treatment option is available.’
- ‘Taking vitamins and minerals in isolation is not advised, as they need to be combined to work synergistically.’
- ‘The timid male would be advised to stand well back when a female threatened is on the rampage.’
- ‘If you like flashy literate front men then it's advised to see this band.’
- ‘Residents would be advised to stay away from gathering places, such as sporting events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.