One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This Tribunal is enjoined to not only be fair, but also to be quick and to act inquisitorially and not adversarially.’
- ‘Eventually this pressure led in 1935 to a Parliamentary Select Committee enquiry into their case, conducted adversarially between two different systems of philosophy and treatment.’
- ‘There are other occasions, however, when a prosecutor engages in what appears to be adversarially correct behavior that nonetheless impedes the search for truth.’
- ‘Historically, radical feminism started with the assumption that the sexes are adversarially poised.’
- ‘Go back as far as you like, you'll find (some/many) literary theorists insisting that Lies Are Good while (some/many) historians adversarially promote an ethos of Just-the-Facts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.