One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A downloadable or Internet-based video game that advertises a brand-name product by featuring it as part of the game.
- ‘The technology isn't nearly as sophisticated as video games, because most developers outfit advergames to accommodate slow modems.’
- ‘However, despite their early stage of development, advergames are already emerging as one of the Internet's most promising ad strategies - and they show little sign of slowing down.’
- ‘Who cares how long a consumer plays if the advergame doesn't move product?’
- ‘A second way to tailor the advergame is by the location through which the game is promoted - via, say, e-mail marketing campaigns or on Web sites.’
- ‘To reach this market, the company positioned the advergame on gaming sites within Hispanic portals.’
Blend of advertisement and game.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.