One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of video game in which the participant plays a fantasy role in an episodic adventure story.
- ‘I'm still awaiting an adventure game that allows you to really interact with the environment without actually knowing which particular items will be useful in the future or not.’
- ‘How could this sensational series not make a great adventure game?’
- ‘In 1998 the company produced a CD-ROM adventure game, which was nominated for a Bafta award.’
- ‘How different is writing a novel from creating an adventure game?’
- ‘The biggest factor that can make or break an adventure game is its puzzles.’
- ‘And, being an adventure game where the only challenge is solving puzzles, there is very little replay value.’
- ‘Maybe it's because it takes a lot more work to make a good adventure game, since it requires a lot of planning and expertise, especially when it comes to puzzles.’
- ‘Any adventure game is supposed to have a plot and puzzles.’
- ‘The locations have a nice 1920's noir feel to them, and the 3D characters are some of the best I've seen in an adventure game.’
- ‘Since in an adventure game you're constantly trying to go down unexplored paths, up ladders and over hills, this stock response really reminds you that your character is just a robot, too.’
- ‘I was trying to find pieces to a puzzle, like in an adventure game.’
- ‘The action alternates between an adventure game with exploration phases and a platform-type game with trials of dexterity and speed.’
- ‘One of those projects is believed to be a science-fiction-themed adventure game.’
- ‘A simple arcade game with fast animation will be easier and cheaper to produce than a graphics-intensive adventure game, for example.’
- ‘One of the driving elements of an adventure game is the storyline.’
- ‘But it's also an adventure game, in which decisions made and puzzles solved determine in a limited way the events that follow.’
- ‘Most of us love dogs, so the idea of playing as one and seeing the world through their eyes in a first-class adventure game was certainly intriguing.’
- ‘Initially I'd hoped to showcase classic examples of an action game, an adventure game, and a strategy game, but at this stage I'll settle for anything I can install!’
- ‘You know, no matter how hard I wish for it, life will never be like an adventure game.’
- ‘Several expositional scenes are played out not with actors, but instead with text boxes and silhouette portraits of the characters, as we would see in an adventure game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.