One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of being fully grown or mature.‘the crucial years between adolescence and adulthood’‘most of the larvae die, although some survive to adulthood’
- ‘He is your typical kid on the verge of adulthood.’
- ‘Throughout adulthood, autonomy continues to develop whenever someone is challenged to act with a new level of self-reliance.’
- ‘These scenes showcase the array of playthings abandoned by today's children in their rush to adulthood.’
- ‘Under such circumstances, his survival into adulthood was by no means unremarkable.’
- ‘In many cases, the symptoms reduce as the child develops into adulthood and may almost disappear.’
- ‘Once adulthood is reached, everyone has a fairly steady rate of calorie burn-up, called the metabolic rate.’
- ‘The shadow is the fear of moving from childhood to adulthood.’
- ‘Fewer than 10 percent of monarch caterpillars make it to adulthood each year.’
- ‘As you put on weight in adulthood, you gain mostly fatty tissue.’
- ‘His mother took care of her nine children, only six of whom survived into adulthood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.