One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With that, Marylyn flounced off to join her throng of lovesick adorers.’
- ‘The priests of the parish have made a special appeal for adorers on the First Friday of each month from 1 pm to 7.30 pm.’
- ‘Diana's husband dies and she eventually recovers from her heartache to wed her faithful adorer Thomas Redworth, who, without being brilliant, has the wit and understanding to appreciate her.’
- ‘At least two adorers should be present for the chosen hour - more would be welcome.’
- ‘Even Jesus' use of the term ‘Father’ emphasizes the new relationship of true adorers to God and consequently to one another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.