One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inspiring great delight; cute or adorable.‘all the pets are totally adorbs’‘check out the adorbs photo’‘newborn babies are so adorb’
lovable, appealing, charming, cute, sweet, enchanting, bewitching, captivating, engaging, endearing, dear, darling, precious, delightful, lovely, beautiful, attractive, gorgeous, winsome, winning, fetching, pleasingView synonyms
- ‘He is absolutely adorbs - his eyes are gonna make hearts melt.’
- ‘What better way to teach high school students actual history than to slap it on TV and cast a bunch of adorbs teenagers in the important roles?’
- ‘She knows how to melt the heart of fans: post a picture of your totes adorbs baby on Twitter.’
- ‘We know, we know, these little critters are just adorbs!’
- ‘She wore the 3-D glasses (and still looked adorbs).’
- ‘The mini red velvet cupcake was adorbs to the max!’
- ‘First off, the decor and logo of the place are totally adorbs!’
- ‘Despite spending time with Ross and his adorbs daughter and sweet wife, I managed to get some writing in.’
- ‘The bartender was so adorbs and hilarious.’
- ‘Joy, your glasses are adorbs!’
Early 21st century: alteration of adorable.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.