One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person holding the view that Jesus is the Son of God by adoption only.
- ‘What made Jesus special, the Adoptionists believed, was that Jesus was more righteous than everyone else.’
- ‘While Adoptionists believed Jesus to be totally human and not divine, Marcionites believed him to be totally divine and not human.’
- ‘Lastly, Nestorianism once more showed itself in the Adoptionists of Spain, and gave occasion to the great Council of Frankfort.’
- ‘The Gnostics were another losing faction and the exact opposite, Christologically, of the Adoptionists.’
- ‘In more recent times the Jesuit Vasquez, and the Lutheran divines G. Calixtus and Walch, have defended the Adoptionists as essentially orthodox.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.