One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I do, however, note that the evidence is that the child is adoptable and that there would be no difficulty in finding appropriate adoptive parents.’
- ‘Under this general law, for instance, one way babies become adoptable is by the consent of their biological parents.’
- ‘Anderson said the dog was a stray, and was not adoptable because of its aggressiveness.’
- ‘The methods and institutions and ethos of science that arose in the West at the time of the ‘scientific revolution’ proved to be the most exportable and universally adoptable products of civilisation.’
- ‘Other safeguards are emerging to keep adoptable pets out of harm's way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.