One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do you sir, agree with this punishment which would involve the admonishment of a member of your own party?’
- ‘However, enforcement of the dress code regulations has been uneven and, when it occurred, generally consisted of verbal admonishment by security forces.’
- ‘The traditional critical admonishment to distinguish between a writer and his or her work is discarded.’
- ‘So we were taken aback the other day when an email we had sent to a York PR firm bounced back, accompanied by a strict admonishment.’
- ‘His admonishments were drowned by the buzzer of my alarm clock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.