Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The body of law that regulates the operation and procedures of government agencies.
- ‘Or they can rewrite administrative laws on workplace regulation, establishing bodies of precedent that require enormous political power to overturn.’
- ‘But prosecutors usually let administrative laws do their work, in the form of fines.’
- ‘The second sanctioning method is found in administrative law.’
- ‘The concept of procedural fairness has long been considered a requirement in matters of administrative law.’
- ‘Generally speaking, the Constitution and basic laws have greater validity than administrative laws and regulations.’
- ‘Between those positions, he was in private practice, specializing in appellate litigation and constitutional and administrative law.’
- ‘It said that the Court's ruling was based only upon a ‘point of administrative law.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.