Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be adjusted.‘the car has fully adjustable seats and steering wheel’‘an adjustable wrench’
modifiable, alterable, adaptable, convertible, variable, multiway, versatile, accommodatingmovable, mobileView synonyms
- ‘The driver's seat is height adjustable and the steering wheel is adjustable for both height and reach.’
- ‘The front seatbelts are adjustable and fitted with pretensioners and force limiting mechanism.’
- ‘This way the adjustable stool can be converted from table height to bar height very easily.’
- ‘The pressure is adjustable enabling you to choose the density you want.’
- ‘The seats in black leather are very comfortable and adjustable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.