One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Air temperatures at 2 m height at other parts of the quadrangle were assumed to vary adiabatically from the reference location measurements at - 5.5 C / km increase in elevation.’
- ‘It changes adiabatically as the slow enzymatic reaction progresses.’
- ‘The latter ensures that a ‘fossil record’ of any heating or cooling is kept even if the gas subsequently changes its pressure adiabatically (under energy conservation).’
- ‘Most current machines can therefore rely on inertial cooling - in other words the components are simply allowed to heat up adiabatically and then cooled slowly between pulses.’
- ‘The batch of mantle ascends adiabatically, whereas the geotherm becomes conductive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.