One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extreme stiffness or immobility in the shoulder joint, usually following injury and caused by the adhesions in the joint and inflammation of the capsule of the humerus.Also called frozen shoulder
- ‘Exclusion criteria included suspicion of adhesive capsulitis, recent fracture of the shoulder, recent shoulder surgery and osteoarthritis of the glenohumeral joint.’
- ‘Stiffness or loss of motion may be the major symptom in patients with adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), dislocation or glenohumeral joint arthritis.’
- ‘There are three major indications for a glenohumeral joint injection: osteoarthritis, adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), and rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘The medical term for a frozen shoulder is adhesive capsulitis.’
- ‘For adhesive capsulitis, the use of a subacromial corticosteroid injection should be combined with other treatment modalities, including physical therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.