One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the formation of cyclic adenylic acid from adenosine triphosphate.
- ‘In isolated cilia and in intact olfactory receptor neurons, studies have shown basal activities of both adenylate cyclase and cAMP phosphodiesterase.’
- ‘When epinephrine contacts a cell membrane, it triggers the allosteric activation of adenylate cyclase, the enzyme that creates cAMP. cAMP then allosterically activates a protein kinase.’
- ‘The cAMP is produced by adenylate cyclase, and that enzyme is activated by phosphorylated IIA Glc.’
- ‘In unstimulated ORNs, both adenylate cyclase and cAMP phosphodiesterase are active.’
- ‘The response of cells to the binding of glucagon to its cell surface receptor is the activation of the enzyme adenylate cyclase which is associated with the receptor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.