One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of DNA viruses first discovered in adenoid tissue, most of which cause respiratory diseases.
- ‘Some viruses that cause pneumonia are adenoviruses, rhinovirus, influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus, and parainfluenza virus (the virus that causes croup).’
- ‘Retroviruses, adenoviruses, and lentiviruses have all been used as vehicles for RNA interference constructs.’
- ‘Symptoms of influenza-like illness can be caused by multiple respiratory viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, rhinovirus, and coronavirus.’
- ‘These are usually self-limited syndromes caused by a variety of viruses: rhinovirus, adenovirus, echovirus, coxsackievirus, influenza, and parainfluenza viruses.’
- ‘Among the viruses that are put under the microscope are the adenoviruses, bunyaviruses, retroviruses and the coronaviruses (the genus behind SARS outbreak).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.