Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that catalyzes the deamination of adenosine to inosine.
- ‘Patients with SCID are usually treated by replacing an essential enzyme, adenosine deaminase, which is lacking in such people.’
- ‘SCID is caused by a deficiency in the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
- ‘Another form is linked to a deficiency of the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
- ‘The most common genetic defect that leads to this condition is a loss of the enzyme adenosine deaminase, but there are several others that will put you in the same boat.’
- ‘In 2002, scientists in Italy also reported a beneficial effect from gene transfer in patients with a different form of immune deficiency known as adenosine deaminase deficiency.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.