One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the deamination of adenosine to inosine.
- ‘Patients with SCID are usually treated by replacing an essential enzyme, adenosine deaminase, which is lacking in such people.’
- ‘The most common genetic defect that leads to this condition is a loss of the enzyme adenosine deaminase, but there are several others that will put you in the same boat.’
- ‘In 2002, scientists in Italy also reported a beneficial effect from gene transfer in patients with a different form of immune deficiency known as adenosine deaminase deficiency.’
- ‘SCID is caused by a deficiency in the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
- ‘Another form is linked to a deficiency of the enzyme adenosine deaminase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.