One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound consisting of adenine combined with ribose, one of four nucleoside units in RNA.
- ‘For instance, the adenine nucleotide, adenosine, can theoretically be produced entirely abiotically.’
- ‘This is the enzyme responsible for converting adenosine to inosine in the catabolism of the purines.’
- ‘The salvage pathways combine adenine with a pentose to alter the adenosine nucleotide pool inventory.’
- ‘The nucleotide elements of DNA are adenosine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine, abbreviated A, G, C, and T, respectively.’
- ‘Adenosine deaminase is an aminohydrolase that converts adenosine to inosine and is thus involved in the catabolism of purine bases.’
Early 20th century: blend of adenine and ribose.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.