Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A compound consisting of adenine combined with ribose, one of four nucleoside units in RNA.
- ‘This is the enzyme responsible for converting adenosine to inosine in the catabolism of the purines.’
- ‘The salvage pathways combine adenine with a pentose to alter the adenosine nucleotide pool inventory.’
- ‘The nucleotide elements of DNA are adenosine, guanine, cytosine, and thymine, abbreviated A, G, C, and T, respectively.’
- ‘For instance, the adenine nucleotide, adenosine, can theoretically be produced entirely abiotically.’
- ‘Adenosine deaminase is an aminohydrolase that converts adenosine to inosine and is thus involved in the catabolism of purine bases.’
Early 20th century: blend of adenine and ribose.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.