One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of food) containing no additives.‘eggs are good for us, being natural, wholesome, and additive-free’‘the importance of additive-free nutrition’‘additive-free body care products’
- ‘But in response to frustration at the lack of fresh, additive-free organic baby food available, a number of small producers have taken matters into their own hands.’
- ‘What additive-free brands do bring with them is a premium price.’
- ‘She said although there were snack machines in school, one sold healthier additive-free options and no fizzy drinks were available in school hours.’
- ‘The mums and dads requested "additive-free food, less fat and carbohydrate and more fresh fruit and vegetables."’
- ‘The price increase will allow the introduction of a vegetarian menu and more additive-free food.’
- ‘This bread is organic, additive-free and made to an original artisan recipe.’
- ‘A control group of children was given an additive-free placebo drink that looked and tasted the same.’
- ‘A bowl of naked noodles enhanced with your own choice of additive-free flavours is far safer to eat than off-the-shelf packs.’
- ‘This Etobicoke butcher offers an endless list of homemade signature sausages, all of which are made preservative- and additive-free.’
- ‘The additive-free blood was allowed to clot in the dark at room temperature for 30 minutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.