One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device or piece of software that can be added to a computer to give extra features or functions.
- ‘Intel is also known to be working on an add-in that combines Wi-Fi and 3G mobile phone network connectivity, but it is not expected to unveil this product until later this Autumn.’
- ‘But the Power Mac is a special case in that its graphics are add-ins, so Apple can pretty much bundle whatever board takes its fancy.’
- ‘The chipset uses the ExpressCard add-in format.’
- ‘The board supports six USB ports, with two available on the backpanel and the rest enabled through an optional add-in bracket.’
- ‘Certainly, those machines, with their SDMC add-in slot, new peripheral connector and other refinements, will be high on developers' shopping lists - higher, at any rate, than the older PDAs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.