Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by or given to adaptation.‘mutation is ultimately essential for adaptive evolution in all populations’
- ‘You can even make the case that it is an evolutionary adaptive behaviour.’
- ‘The adaptive skills are those daily living skills needed to live, work and play in the community.’
- ‘These people tend to have adaptive skills and social and environmental resources.’
- ‘The human immune system is a remarkably flexible and adaptive piece of technology.’
- ‘It also features adaptive headlights that swivel with the direction of travel to illuminate the road ahead.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.