One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unbreakable.‘adamantine chains’figurative ‘her adamantine will’
unbreakable, shatterproof, non-breakableView synonyms
- ‘They need hope - a kind of unflappable, adamantine hope.’
- ‘Greece will bring an adamantine spirit to the final rather than virtuosity.’
- ‘Here is Prometheus, the rebel: nail him to the rock; secure him on this towering summit fast in the unyielding grip of adamantine chains.’
- ‘I am possessed, as much as the next man, of that stiff upper lip, steely resolve and adamantine backbone which make us British positively megalithic in the face of danger.’
- ‘I don't have a problem with naturalistic explanations for miracles, as long as they are not too tortured or based on a philosophy which is, at bottom, the adamantine will to deny the supernatural at all costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.