One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And in spite of quantity, and dread, Adam's ale cut no capers with the astonished alimentary canal, but soothed the dark and timorous shores, uplifted the spirit, and brought repose where most other intruders brought horror.’
- ‘The tour ends with a small tower snack featuring bread and Adam's ale.’
- ‘A waitress asked him what he wanted to drink, and he said, ‘Adam's Ale.’’
- ‘It is customary in the north of Ireland to refer, in a jocular way, to water as Adam's ale.’
- ‘We have a friendly bluetongue lizard about 30 cm. long living happily in our backyard, but he prefers Adam's ale (water).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.