Introduce an acyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘an acylated glycine derivative’
- ‘A recent investigation showed that acylated proteins found in lipid rafts were displaced due to the incorporation of eicosapentaenoic acid in Jurkat T cells.’
- ‘The series of reactions begin in the cytosol where fatty acids are acylated by combining with coenzyme A, a derivative of the vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid.’
- ‘After evaporating excess reagent, the residue was acylated for 10 min at 150°C using 120 mm heptafluorobutyric anhydride.’
- ‘It appears to facilitate the transfer of acylated fatty acids across mitochondrial membranes, enhance available energy stores, and improve oxidative muscle metabolism.’
- ‘This mechanism might contribute to the increased response of the insulin receptor as observed when subjected to acylated insulin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.