One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to actuaries or their work of compiling and analyzing statistics to calculate insurance risks and premiums.‘an actuarial consulting firm’‘faulty actuarial assumptions’
- ‘Too conservative or too aggressive actuarial assumptions can produce unreliable results.’
- ‘In determining the actuarial surplus in a pension fund, actuaries make key assumptions.’
- ‘Projections of actuarial soundness based on forecasts of productivity growth run the risk of being very wrong.’
- ‘Social Security reform has been a tough slog for the business lobby, normally more at home discussing golf outings than actuarial tables.’
- ‘The group's leadership continues to deny the hard realities about which trustworthy actuarial studies warn us.’
- ‘The last actuarial valuation on its pension fund was undertaken more than two years ago.’
- ‘It is a mistake to suppose that the actuarial figure for life expectancy will be the actual length of life for any particular individual.’
- ‘There is an inherent uncertainty in any actuarial estimates of asbestos liabilities.’
- ‘In 1983, actuaries put the long-range actuarial deficit at -2.09 percent of taxable payroll.’
- ‘Each valuation shall be obtained as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be accompanied by an actuarial statement pursuant to the regulations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.