Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Clothing designed to be worn for sports, exercise, and outdoor activities.
- ‘In effort to keep up with vintage starving fashionistas, European designers and activewear manufacturers are ‘reissuing ‘their old styles in limited editions.’’
- ‘The smallest unit is men's and boys' activewear.’
- ‘The firm expects to apply the technology to skiing-, cycling- and activewear - part of the $41 billion performance-apparel market.’
- ‘If the shirts sold well, they would launch a full menswear collection to include suits, trousers, outerwear, activewear, denim, and accessories.’
- ‘The two-story office building also serves as home base to the firm's retail catalog division that offers dance-fitness clothing, activewear, videos, accessories and other merchandise.’
- ‘Based on that experience, the company was awarded the license to produce men's activewear in '98, and today does about $25 million in annual sales.’
- ‘The buyout follows a licensing deal that was landed late last year for activewear for men and sportswear for young men and juniors.’
- ‘Davidson wants stylish activewear carefully designed for women's bodies.’
- ‘The company is a leader in the activewear, casualwear, imprintables and team uniform business.’
- ‘In fabrics that were popular for both activewear and sportswear, the Switzerland-based firm showed a new group of textiles made of high-tech aramid fibers, which are tougher than steel.’
- ‘The firm offers printed fabrics for swimwear, intimate apparel, dresses, sportswear and activewear, with an emphasis on stretch Lycra knits and rayon and polyester-based wovens.’
- ‘Basically, you go through the categories, and it can be very specific: activewear, bottoms, tops, etc.’
- ‘The business is transforming, and activewear is become a much broader category, and beginning to include more outdoor and urban looks.’
- ‘Since the height of his competitive days, Koch's greatest public visibility has been in relation to his line of single-layer ski and cold weather activewear.’
- ‘Because the activewear market is so fragmented, execs figure they can double apparel revenues to $6 billion in five years.’
- ‘This new round of embellishment is not confined to evening gowns and bridal wear, but is going into all areas of apparel, including activewear and sportswear.’
- ‘Also on a positive note, Eberhardt reminds that there is a large activewear market in the Los Angeles area, ‘where styles are changing so quickly that you just can't schedule [the production] in another country.’
- ‘He jumped into the fashion world in 1992, introducing urban-culture-inspired sportswear, outerwear, activewear, underwear, loungewear, fragrances and accessories.’
- ‘The factories primarily produce athletic activewear made of warp knits and hunting apparel made of the company's proprietary warp knit fabric.’
- ‘The Los Angeles industry has been very successful in the juniors and activewear markets, especially in the budget price point and moderate price point categories.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.