One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A display system in which each pixel is individually controlled.
- ‘An active matrix type liquid crystal display apparatus, including a pair of substrates and a liquid crystal layer interposed between said pair of substrates.’
- ‘An LCD with an active matrix just has a matrix of transistors behind the screen controlling each pixel.’
- ‘As the bright new screens mature into full-color displays with an active matrix that permits video, analysts say they'll jump to digital camera displays, auto dashboards, laptop screens and TVs.’
- ‘Therefore, it is possible to provide an active matrix panel for displaying both analog video and CG characters.’
- ‘Disclosed is an active matrix liquid crystal display device, comprising: a pixel matrix; a data driver circuit for driving data lines; and gate driver circuits for driving gate lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.