One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They may also serve as upstream activators of the protein kinase C, which is involved in cell wall biosynthesis.’
- ‘In the midst of secret button activators, underground hidden keypads, and sliding walls, a lift, the ultimate sign of normalcy, was a welcoming change.’
- ‘Repressors stifle gene expression by blocking the binding of activators, interfering with their recruiting efforts, or smothering the DNA in more protein.’
- ‘You're a kick in the pants, an inspirer, an activator - people love being friends with you because you're full of energy and fun ideas.’
- ‘Those 21 strains that grew on AT in the presence of LexA were rejected because the suppression could have been due to mutations that potentiate weak activators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.