One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aerated sewage containing aerobic microorganisms which help to break it down.
- ‘The most common is activated sludge, a process in which microbes, also known as biomass, are allowed to feed on organic matter in the wastewater.’
- ‘The EPA said activated sludge should not be present in the final effluent and that the quality of the effluent entering the river from the plant was poor.’
- ‘It is well documented that, even for a pure domestic waste, an incoming COD: BOD ratio of 2: 1 will increase as treatment progresses and that the corresponding ratio after, say, activated sludge will be in the region of 8: 1.’
- ‘Waste water is purified in that an aerated mixture of waste water with activated sludge is degassed before being discharged into the secondary settling basin.’
- ‘Enzymatic reduction of Cr by hexavalent Cr-tolerant Pseudomonas ambigua G - 1 isolated from activated sludge has been reported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.