One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pungent liquid organic acid which can be polymerized to make synthetic resins.
Chemical formula: CH₂CH=COOH
- ‘Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.’
- ‘The researchers created the material by modifying existing hydrogels consisting of acrylic acid, acrylamide, and a polypyrrole/carbon black (Ppy / CB) composite.’
- ‘A modern synthetic paint, made with a resin derived from acrylic acid, that combines some of the properties of oils and water-colour.’
- ‘A process used to coat the inside of drinks cartons was adapted to deposit a thin film of acrylic acid polymer on to the discs.’
- ‘For example, plasma polymerisation of a small carboxylate-containing organic compound such as acrylic acid produces surfaces bearing carboxylic acid groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.