One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One year after its extension period, each shoot develops axillary branches (including the relay shoot) whose vigour increases acropetally.’
- ‘The abaxial surface of the wings bears hairs that are directed acropetally to the awn/wing interface and then become oriented towards the tip of the wing.’
- ‘Bracts are initiated acropetally on the racemose inflorescence, or below the terminal flower.’
- ‘The floral meristems are formed acropetally and are initiated on the periphery of the inflorescence meristem, being protected by bracts.’
- ‘On each plant, leaves were identified on day 0 according to their nodal position with respect to the youngest fully expanded leaf, L0, and numbered acropetally, L1, L2, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.