One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sleep disordered breathing is a common finding in newly presenting acromegalic subjects.’
- ‘A non-contact sport played by acromegalic millionaires.’
- ‘Functional measurements were done at rest, and thus, it is unclear whether DL could increase to a greater extent during exercise in acromegalic patients.’
- ‘The experienced consultant endocrinologist made a spot diagnosis as the couple entered the consulting room and directed his remarks entirely to the husband, who was clearly acromegalic.’
- ‘Scott had been diagnosed at one point as acromegalic, which meant that his body was producing too much growth hormone, but the state was natural, not brought about, by laboratory science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.