A winter squash, typically of a dark green variety, with a longitudinally ridged rind.
- ‘It is accompanied by acorn squash, a hearty stuffing of freshly made herbed bread, and a make-ahead mashed potato casserole.’
- ‘Returning to the house, we found Martha preparing a warming dinner of lentil soup with shavings of white cheddar, roasted acorn squash with sliced apples, and aforementioned bread.’
- ‘For winter use the little acorn squash is ideal, and there are many ways they may be prepared.’
- ‘To make mashed, cooked squash, wash, halve, and remove seeds from 2 medium acorn squash.’
- ‘‘A cute, relaxed place with friendly service, sane prices and very good food, including Jamaican black bean cakes, stuffed acorn squash and the ‘World's Best Soy Burger.’’
- ‘Try the pecan-stuffed acorn squash, but save room for a sensuous slice of chocolate diablo cake.’
- ‘They now raise 30 acres of irrigated sweet corn, 10 acres of pumpkins, and 7 acres of vegetables, everything from acorn squash to zucchini.’
- ‘Try baked acorn squash or raw carrots for beta-carotene, and oranges and grapefruits for vitamin C.’
- ‘BUDDING STARS A collection of orange acorn squash or small pumpkins sets a festive autumn tone as a centerpiece or entry table arrangement.’
- ‘These include potatoes, watermelon, acorn squash, beans, grapefruit juice, plain yogurt, milk, sweet potatoes, and tomato juice.’
- ‘Oranges (such as butternut and acorn squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe) contain carotenoids (beta carotene is one), fierce antioxidants that help prevent cancer.’
- ‘I also brought in actual vegetables: acorn squash, butternut squash, artichokes, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and several others with which even I wasn't familiar.’
- ‘By way of accompaniment, we roasted acorn squash and red peppers, sautéed red onions, and made a big salad of farmers' market lettuces and shaved fennel.’
- ‘Remove from heat and spread mixture on top of acorn squash.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.