One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stalkless barnacle that attaches itself to a variety of surfaces including rocks, ships, and marine animals. Large numbers of individuals may form a heavy encrustation that can affect the progress of a ship.
Genus Balanus, family Balanidae
- ‘Here we will find acorn barnacles, mussels, crabs, and sea stars.’
- ‘Limpets and acorn barnacles are the most important food items on the wintering grounds of the Black Turnstone.’
- ‘Mussels were removed using scrapers, a process that necessarily also removed most acorn barnacles intermingled among the mussels.’
- ‘Chthamalus anisopoma is a mid-intertidal acorn barnacle distributed throughout the Gulf of California.’
- ‘A tiny shell, acorn barnacles, and sand lie within the well of the bowl.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.