Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for achromatic lens
- ‘Since my old box contains the mbs - 10, it is time to compare its lens to some available achromats and some closeup lenses lying around in my cupboard.’
- ‘But labels can be misleading; just as there are better quality achromats, not all apochromats are created equal.’
- ‘The two-element lenses used in today's achromats greatly reduce the chromatic aberration.’
- ‘Fluorite objectives also have better resolving power than achromats and provide a higher degree of contrast, making them better suited than achromats for color photomicrography in white light.’
- ‘Quartz-sapphire and quartz-lanthanum fluoride achromats provide better performance.’
- ‘This high quality fully coated achromat with a focal ratio of f / 9 is compact for a 203 mm and weighs only 44 lbs and is supplied with high quality hinged mounting rings.’
- ‘The long focus achromat is certainly not portable but it does give superb images at a reasonable cost.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.