One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for achromatic lens
- ‘Since my old box contains the mbs - 10, it is time to compare its lens to some available achromats and some closeup lenses lying around in my cupboard.’
- ‘Quartz-sapphire and quartz-lanthanum fluoride achromats provide better performance.’
- ‘The long focus achromat is certainly not portable but it does give superb images at a reasonable cost.’
- ‘But labels can be misleading; just as there are better quality achromats, not all apochromats are created equal.’
- ‘The two-element lenses used in today's achromats greatly reduce the chromatic aberration.’
- ‘This high quality fully coated achromat with a focal ratio of f / 9 is compact for a 203 mm and weighs only 44 lbs and is supplied with high quality hinged mounting rings.’
- ‘Fluorite objectives also have better resolving power than achromats and provide a higher degree of contrast, making them better suited than achromats for color photomicrography in white light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.