One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Minor pains and discomforts, typically in the muscles.
- ‘However, now he had returned to England, he had developed generalised muscle aches and pains and a vague malaise.’
- ‘Common symptoms include cramps in the legs, and aches and pains in the muscles, headaches and eye pains.’
- ‘Magnesium can help keep muscles supple and prevent aches and pains, and may also lower the risk of osteoporosis.’
- ‘Good posture can minimize discomfort and keep aches and pains at a minimum.’
- ‘There's been a real touch of heat in it all day, lifting the spirits and driving minor aches and pains away.’
- ‘The signs of cold or flu are sneezing, coughing, a sore throat, fever, or minor aches and pains.’
- ‘I still get aches and pains in my muscles but what could have happened when the car fell just doesn't bear thinking about.’
- ‘Sir Evelyn said despite a few sore backs and minor aches and pains, the ride had been a great success.’
- ‘She sat up wincing in pain at the aches and pains in her body.’
- ‘It's good for muscular aches and pains, sinusitis, minor chest complaints and for when your immune system needs a bit of a boost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.