Introduce an acetyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘the acetylated forms of chloramphenicol’
- ‘Serotonin in this gland is acetylated, then methylated, forming melatonin.’
- ‘In addition to histones, some HATs can acetylate non-histone proteins, suggesting multiple roles for these enzymes.’
- ‘The proteins became acetylated instead, preventing glucose from attaching.’
- ‘Histones (DNA packaging proteins) have lysine tails, which can be acetylated in a post-translational modification step.’
- ‘The N-terminal group was acetylated to reproduce the experimental conditions at which the protein was studied.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.