One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting the acyl radical —C(O)CH₃, derived from acetic acid.‘acetyl chloride’‘an acetyl group’
- ‘The company points to a Harvard research study that shows the plasticizer used - acetyl tributyl citrate - does not cause any health problems.’
- ‘It is possible that this procedure with weak acetic acid may have converted naturally occurring salicylate to the acetyl form, that is aspirin itself.’
- ‘Oxaloacetate plus the acetyl group form the six-carbon citric acid, or citrate.’
- ‘An acetyl group was attached to residue 22 to mimic the preceding peptide bond and the C-terminal carboxylate was protonated.’
- ‘The footnote also stated that Hoffmann had arranged for several chemical derivatives of salicylic acid to be examined, not just its acetyl ester.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.