One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A toxic odoriferous liquid, used as a solvent in high-performance liquid chromatography.
- ‘The organic solvents used in the present study were n-butanol, acetonitrile, methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.’
- ‘The mycotoxin then can be eluted from the column by washing with an organic solvent such as methanol or acetonitrile.’
- ‘We have also carried out measurements with mixtures of water and acetonitrile, a solvent that is a hydrogen bond acceptor.’
- ‘Parallel experiments were performed in acetonitrile and phosphate-buffered saline aqueous solutions under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions.’
- ‘The same photoproducts were obtained when the irradiation was performed in aerated acetonitrile, although the extent of photodegradation was even lower in this solvent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.