One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of bacteria) forming acetate or acetic acid as a product of metabolism.
- ‘Addition of bromoethanesulphonic acid will allow confirmation of acetogenic activity in the absence of methanogenesis.’
- ‘A new acetogenic bacterium, Clostridium ljungdahlii, was named in recognition of Dr. Ljungdahl's groundbreaking research into acetogenesis.’
- ‘Acetogenic bacteria have more substrate to convert to volatile fatty acids, and therefore facilitate production of more biogas.’
- ‘However, if the digester solution is too basic, then the acetogenic bacteria population is too low.’
- ‘These will form the substrate on which the acetogenic biofilm will form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.