One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of bacteria) forming acetate or acetic acid as a product of metabolism.
- ‘Addition of bromoethanesulphonic acid will allow confirmation of acetogenic activity in the absence of methanogenesis.’
- ‘A new acetogenic bacterium, Clostridium ljungdahlii, was named in recognition of Dr. Ljungdahl's groundbreaking research into acetogenesis.’
- ‘However, if the digester solution is too basic, then the acetogenic bacteria population is too low.’
- ‘These will form the substrate on which the acetogenic biofilm will form.’
- ‘Acetogenic bacteria have more substrate to convert to volatile fatty acids, and therefore facilitate production of more biogas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.