One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The crystalline amide of acetic acid.
- ‘If acetamide herbicides are used, grain sorghum seed must be pre-treated with a safener that protects it from injury caused by the acetamide herbicides.’
- ‘For example, Lasso and Arena are registered trade names, alachlor is the common name, and 2-chloro-N - (2,6-diethylphenyl) N - acetamide is the chemical name for a herbicide used in corn and soybeans.’
- ‘Amplification reactions were performed with 50-100 ng of total genomic DNA under standard conditions both in the presence and in the absence of 5% - 6% acetamide (final concentration).’
- ‘Despite the growing use of tetramethylrhodamine maleimide / acetamide modified actins, their polymerization properties have not been described yet.’
- ‘The acetamidase enzyme encoded by the amdS gene allows growth on acetamide as a carbon and/or nitrogen source by producing ammonium and acetate.’
- ‘With N-acetylgalactosamine, the acetamide group on the galactose ring can bring one more hydrogen bond, which can contribute to the enthalpy of the reaction and affinity values, and then titration was possible.’
Mid 19th century: from acetyl + amide.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.